We can’t wait to see you soon and welcome you back to The Jar!
For us, the health and safety of all our customers and staff is the number one priority, so we will be operating with this in mind. We want you to feel safe and comfortable in the environment we create, so you can relax and enjoy yourself, you deserve it!
From July 23rd we will be reopening under the most recent guidelines provided by the HSE, HSA and other regulatory authorities on COVID-19 procedures.
For our employees and customers, we are enforcing all measures (including physical distancing, where applicable and possible). Please note that given the current unpredictable nature of the pandemic, these guidelines are subject to change.
We have restructured our operations and implemented dedicated resources to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Here are some of the measures we have taken:
- We are up to date on all HACCP training and practises, and are diligently increasing all hygiene practises of our staff.
- All areas in The Jar have been extensively cleaned and disinfected and will continue to be sanitised during service hours.
- Furniture has been rearranged to allow for physical distancing in accordance with official advice.
- Glass partitions have been incorporated within certain areas of the bar for increased protection.
- As per Government guidelines, we are required to serve a substantial meal worth at least €9.
- We have introduced sanitising stations throughout our venue and encourage customers to use these facilities.
What you can expect when you visit:
As you can imagine, our service will be different from when you were with us last. Here are some of the changes you can expect from your next visit:
- We have implemented a booking system for The Jar, and advise all groups to make a booking in advance.
- Each reservation is subject to a 105-minute booking slot, with a 15-minute cleaning interval.
- We implore customers to adhere to physical distancing during your visit, so would ask that you remain seated for the duration of your booking.
- We would request that all persons on the premises practice good sneeze and cough etiquette.
- we are recommending the use of contactless payments, where possible.
Please Note: In any instance that an individual is disregarding the regulatory measures outlined above, we reserve the right to ask that they leave the premises.
Employee & Customer Health
- Before reopening, all staff members are required to complete a ‘fit to return to work’ form.
- Training will be provided to staff regarding new health and safety procedures for COVID-19, including information on PPE, hand washing and physical distancing.
- Frequency of cleaning procedures have been increased across all areas in The Jar.
- PPE, such as face masks and face visors, have been made available to all staff.
- Each venue has an appointed representative charged with ensuring that Covid-19 measures are strictly adhered to in their workplace.
With this information, we hope you can rest assured that your visit to The Jar will be an enjoyable one, with your health and safety placed at the forefront!
We look forward to welcoming you to The Jar once more!